Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Arvella Ferrin - My sweet Grandmother

It has been one year today since my sweet Grandma Ferrin passed away. We miss her loving personality so much. I am so grateful that I was able to live around the corner from her for the last 7 months of her life, that my kids were able to spend quality time with her and that I got to know her so much better.

Evan and Grandma Ferrin. He loved her so much. Every time we were at my Aunt Ruth's house Evan would run the pathway between the houses to go see grandma. He love teasing her and he really loved her jelly belly's!

Kaden felt so important when Grandma would have

The boys loved it when Grandma would push them in her walker. But I think Grandma loved it more.





This is a picture of all the great grandchildren of Grandma in her kitchen practicing to sing at the funeral.

3 comments:

Julie N. said...

Those are fun pics of your kids with your grandma. Some how I missed the pictures of Halloween and they are sooo cute! Mesa has to be the cutest sweet pea in the world! The boys look great also!

Jason and Dana said...

My grandma's name was Arvilla! I've never heard of anyone with a name even remotely close to hers. And I had the same experience, when she was getting weaker and sicker my mom had each of us go visit her at least twice a week and I got to know her like I never had. It's so nice your boys got to know her some, even if they can't remember. And those pictures of them with her are priceless.

Beth said...

I am sorry you lost her Amy. I am really happy you have so many good memories, and got to spend the quality time that you did with her. You were very blessed to move her, and meet new people, and spend the time you did. I hope that you are feeling the happy more than the sad. I know how it hurts to lose someone. If you ever want to talk about her, or cry about her, call me...I am always available.